- Index des noms de La Forge
- index de mots de La Forge
/// In short
LA FORGE is an artistic production group formed around the idea of questioning our society.
- images and sounds of war, in the Somme department, a region where wars have left an impressive mark : “A token in Santerre” (1994)
- words of mediterranean women, words of transmission, in regions of important North African immigration: “ A thousand and one jars” (1995-2000),
- « private and public » for theatre people and civil servants in Avignon during the festival “Public/Private” (1996),
the role of the photographer, witness or actor ? At the photography Festival in Arles : “Photography and commitment” (1997),
- vacation and vacancy, on a Mediterranean camping site in Le Lavandou : “Camping Extravagancies” (1999)
- the people’s memory in a valley of old textile factories in the Somme department . “ What about life " (2000-2002)
- changing the way you perceive your place in society , from assisted to assistant with two community centres in the Somme department: “ Flea market objects ” (since 2004)
- work today, in an agricultural region, in an industrial basin and on the historic site of a social experiment : “ What about work ? ” (since 2005)
The group wishes to foster a public debate by proposing different, unconventional perceptions and opinions. A group in which artists and scientists with various disciplines work with people interested in the question.
It is originally composed of:
Elodie Cavel, Valérie Debure, Isabelle Jégo, Alex Jordan,( Graphic artists at the workshop “We work together”, Denis Lachaud, (writer), Eric Larrayadieu (photographer), François Mairey (studies and social relations, coordination) and Marie-Claude Quignon (visual artist). Other persons join in according to each project.
1) question : coming from the group’s curiosity about our society and addressed to a social group.
2) group : People with different backgrounds who meet to produce various works around the question.
3) territory : the place where the people concerned by the question live.
4) approach : The way we progress and act together. Social practices, repetitive attempts to give rise to some fresh thinking on the question and to produce multiple artistic and scientific pieces.
5) actions : Resulting from the question raised by the group and from the exchanges of ideas giving birth to the final work.